Pack News‎ > ‎

Big Change in handling your AHMR & SSW forms

posted Sep 26, 2014, 8:01 AM by Cub Scout Pack 151
We're changing the way we handle your BSA Annual Health & Medical Records (AHMR) and your Shooting Sports Waivers (SSW).

Each Den Leader or someone designated by the Den Leader should ask their den's families to provide paper copies of the AHMR and keep them in an den binder or envelope.  In case of emergency, the Den Leader should bring the binder to all den and pack meetings. The Den Leader should be aware of any health concerns, allergies, etc.

*** IMPORTANT CHANGE *** Because of HIPAA privacy rules the pack's Outings Chair will no longer keep copies of the AHMR and SSW.  The BSA specifically states that the "records are NOT to be digitized, scanned, sent by email, or stored electronically by unit leaders."

Each person (not just your child) who attends camp is required to turn in their own AHMR and a SSW at the camp's registration desk.  The Outings Chair is not allowed to do this for you anymore.  Blank copies are available at camp, but you'll take up valuable time filling them out there.  It's far better to complete the fillable PDF forms at home or work, save a copy to your computer for future use, and print out copies to bring along to camp as needed.

Blank forms are available on the Parent Resources page, on the left Camping & Outings sidebar, and below: